something else

Friday, November 2, 2012

Safe

Friday, November 02, 2012 @ 7:30am

Safe


 
I pulled out Kenna’s craft box Tuesday afternoon in hopes it would keep her occupied for a little while; school had been canceled because of the impact of hurricane Sandy.

Her father made his long journey home from Jersey early last week because of the possibilities it hitting the area he is in, which it did, and he has been here all week scrambling to procure whatever work he can. And although it has given him time to catch-up on overdue computer work, his production is now at a standstill for God knows how long. Even so, it has been nice to have him here and feel his warm body next to mine in my bed knowing he is safe and out of harms way.

It was also nice having him able to come with me to yet another funeral. He made me laugh though when he told me the real reason for him accompanying me. I will not elaborate here other than saying he was concerned my nemesis would be there. No worries though, not that I had any. Written words have been negated, and, the truth prevails.