something else

Monday, March 18, 2013

Not Just Another Day

Mouse is more like me than I'd like to think, let alone admit.  Of course her father thinks it's cute, I on the other hand am a little bit weary at the notion.  She'll join in if she hears her father and me roughhousing, ready to jump right into the high jinks. She'll beg me to tickle her back then itch it after hearing him laughing hysterically due to the taunt of my light caress on his skin, or come running with his yelp of my name knowing I've snuck up behind him and tweaked his sides. 
She's also extremely emotional and cries at the drop off a hat. That definitely is one trait she gets from me I hope she outgrows.

Her father left for his east coast business trip.  It upset her more than usual this time because he had to leave immediately after her birthday and his trips are getting longer and more frequent due to his territory being expanded which, consequently means she's stuck with me. Lucky kid!

Every time he calls home there's waterworks afterward for a good hour or so.  He text me photos last night of his micro-mini hotel room in Middletown, NY that he stayed at on his way to Clinton, CT and I actually got her to giggle showing her the compact room he can, standing in one spot, almost touch all four walls. But it eventually led into another sobfest. Later in the week he'll be heading up to C*******, R*  to visit a business associate (friend) about a possible position at another firm, then back down to Jersey.
He's given explicit instructions to Mouse's sister not to go into labor before he gets home on the 6th of April.
This traveling of his has got to cease, although that will mean my restful nights will too.

Mouse has been diligent in keeping abreast with her writings. Our shared journal is overflowing(Journal blog entry may still be sitting in draft vault, I will have to locate it, revise it and post it).  That too, her love of writing, she gets from me, although she's much better at it than I am.  She's an avid reader as well. A good combination.  Her teacher from last year teaches at a local college and Mouse would go in on Saturdays to help.  I think that involvement encouraged a deeper love for it and helped ameliorate her writing abilities.

After he left, to try and keep her thoughts light and off the fact he left we pulled out one of her birthday gifts -- science experiments. Yeah, that was one of the things she wanted for her birthday. She had the bright idea to record the experiment as she did it and asked if she could start a blog.  A BLOG!  She even told me how to start a blog. REALLY?!  She can be so geeky sometimes, definitely not one of my traits. 
She now has her own blog, MouseTrix. Whether or not I post the videos of her performing the experiments, I'm not too sure yet.
Although she can be funny and we laughed nonstop in the process of recording them, there are quite a few outtakes, I don't know where she gets that (humor) from!
,